CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Memorial day! (just a little late)

For many memorial day is a day to remember those who have fought for us and our freedoms but today it had a little bit different meaning! The emotions are high today as I am taken back about 4 1/2-5 years when I met someone who is very special to me! MS. Lara (now MRS!) Let me tell you a little about her!
She is one of the strongest, faithful, loving, caring and determined people I know! Many of you are probably wondering what in the world she has to do with my memorial day...but to me she is everything we are celebrating! I met her when I was serving a mission in Washington. to spare you her personal details, I'll give the highlights. Lara wanted to be baptized but was not given permission. (she was only 17). She had so much faith and determination that right after her 18th birthday she was baptized! I was home from the mission at that point but was so lucky to be able to go back and surprise her for that special day! As I remember the process of teaching her and sharing the thing that I hold so dear to my heart,it was so amazing to see her love of the gospel grow. she knew it was true and wanted it in her life!(she is now approaching her 5 year anniversary of her baptism, and has been married in temple to an amazing man!...all without support from some important people).
One thing that is talked about is how much missionaries change people's lives, but not many talk about how really the lives that are changed the most are those serving and I can honestly say that Lara changed mine!
She showed me true courage, what it means to have faith, and act on it, not matter the opposition that we will face; when we know something is true we must follow through, and with time things all work out!
So Lara, as we celebrate those who have fought for us to have freedoms, THANK YOU for fighting for what you have! thank you for being a pioneer in your family, and thank you for touching my life, and being an example to me! you truly are so amazing! Thank you for letting me share the gospel of Jesus Christ with you! I love you lots! Heavenly Father knew that I needed you in my life when we met, and knows that this friendship that was formed through our love for our Savior is one that will last forever!


0 comments: